What is FASTag?
I think you all are aware with the online payment techniques or modes, if no so I would like to introduce about such of that payment technique and modes like bank transfer, PayTm, GooglePay, BHIM, PhonePay, Internet Banking etc. Other than of that there are some online payment terminals such as Point of Sale (POS) terminal, credit card terminal, EFTPOS terminal etc. Apart from that, there is one more very popular payment technique which is known as FASTag is a simple to use, reloadable tag which enables automatic deduction of toll charges and lets you pass through the toll plaza Here we will know full detail about What is FASTag?
- What is FASTag:
FASTag is an online electronic toll collection technique using RFID. RFID stands for Radio-Frequency Identification. FASTag is affixed over the automobile’s or vehicle’s windscreen. When your vehicle crossing the toll plaza, so enable sensor of toll plaza read that FASTag and automatically deduct the toll tax.
Here are some FAQs on FASTags
- How FASTag works?:
That RFID technology for payment is linked with the prepaid or saving account. RFID technology is the same as the transport access-control systems such as Metro smart card. When the FASTag is linked with your saving account/ wallet/debit/credit card so you need to recharge or top-up that tag as per requirement. If FASTag is linked with your saving account so the money will automatically deduct from it. When you crossed the toll then you will get the alert message of toll tax deduction. This is similar to prepaid e-wallet.
FASTag is a digital toll payment technique and this is valid for five years after five-year then vehicle owner needs to renew it as per his/her requirement.
- How to Apply for FASTag?:
The vehicle owner can apply online for FASTag through its official website. Please visit below steps for applying for FASTag:
- Visit the official website for banks those are authorized for selling FASTag like ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, SBI, Axis Bank, Punjab Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank etc.
- Go to the Search bar and search “Get FASTag” and click on it “Get FASTag” or “Apply for FASTag”.
- There you have to see the form where need to fill some information like name, email id, phone number. When you will enter that information you have to get the OTP on your mentioned phone number. So put that OTP in the given box and click on submit.
- After that, you have to get another form where you have to enter some more information like name, email id, address, vehicle details (the type of vehicle, registration number) and copy of vehicle’s RC.
- Any final submission you need to recheck all filled information and documents once.
- After Submission, you have to pay the fee by the online payment gateway. It’s an onetime charge 200, Reissuance charge of Rs. 100 and Refundable security deposit charge of Rs 200.
- After fee submission, you will get the e-receipt and payment receipt. So you have to collect those receipts and save it for future reference.
That is the online process of apply If the vehicle owner wants to apply offline so vehicle owner needs to visit any of the Point of Sale.
- What are the benefits of using FASTag?:
It has a lot of benefits such as:
- This is an easy payment method and no need to stop your vehicle on toll booth for cash payment.
- Easily recharge by Internet Banking, Debit or Credit Cards.
- After toll tax deducts vehicle owner get the alert message.
- 5 Years of validity.
- Cash Back offers.
- Can I get a FASTag for two-wheelers?:
FASTag is not available for two or three-wheelers because of few reasons.
- Two or three-wheelers are not permitted for ply and FASTag is applicable for National Highways.
- In rare cases, two or three-wheelers have to pay toll tax.
- What do I do in case I am selling my car/Buying a second-hand car, bearing a FASTag?:
In case of selling your car, you should destroy you FASTag. In case of buying a second-hand car, you should apply for new FASTag with your name which will link with your bank account.
- How do I surrender my FASTag and get the loaded amount back?:
In that case, you have to connect with the management of that bank from where you have to buy that FASTatg. Every bank has that own different process and protocol which you have to follow when you need to get your loaded amount back.
- Is there any discount/cashback on toll payments using FASTag?:
Every bank has its own different policy and cashback offers and it does depend on the bank’s terms and conditions.
- I am interested in availing FASTag. How do I get FASTag for my vehicle?:
There are two processes for getting FASTag online and offline. I already mention the whole process in previously in point number third so you should visit point number third of this article.
- RFID/handheld Scanner not working at Toll?:
If RFID/handheld Scanner not working at toll so don’t worries. You have not to pay any amount on toll plaza. You just put the receipt with you. That is a receipt which will get during you had applied for FASTtag. The vehicle owner is allowed to pass his/her vehicle without paying any cash. This rule has specified in Collection Amendment Rule 2018 and National Highway Fee Determination of Rates.
- FASTag Tag status ‘Blacklisted’/’Low Balance’/’Suspended:
In that kind of issue, you have to connect with the FASTag toll-free number – 1800-102-6480. And you have to ensure the following:
- You should check it under “Manage Tag”. That you will find it out in your FASTag sub-wallet section.
- You have at least Rs. 150 amount in your Paytm wallet for Car/Jeep/Van.
- FASTag Tag not working/activated:
If FASTag Tag not working/activated so that the vehicle owner needs to call to bank’s customer care and raise your issue in front of them. They will let you know the solution of it.
So here we explain all about the FASTag. Those are FAQ which we found many times.