Tomato chutney is an Indian dish to which almost every grown up Indian know that how to make it. This is the simplest chutney you can make in your home. It is less complicated and offers a very delicious taste to you. When you want to have a quick food to eat with roasted food, then you can prefer to the tomato chutney. Now you are thinking that it will taste like an Indian curry, but don’t be worry for it. You can use the tomato chutney at the place of sauce and for sure you will experience much better taste than the tomato sauce.
Ingredients needed to prepare the tomato chutney:
- Three or four fine tomatoes.
- One tsp red chili powder.
- One tsp ginger garlic paste.
- One tsp coriander powder.
- Half tsp turmeric powder.
- Salt according to your taste.
- Green chili two, finely chopped.
- Half cup of water.
- One large onion, chopped in ring shape.
- Curry leaves.
- One tbsp refined oil.
All of these ingredients are must required to prepare the tomato chutney, without it you can’t bring the real spicy taste of Indian chutney. So collect whole ingredients and start cooking the chutney.
Process of making tomato chutney:
- Take a medium sized pan and put it over the gas stove and start heating it.
- Now insert the mentioned amount of oil in it and heat the oil.
- Now insert the onion slices into the hot oil along with the ginger garlic paste and green chili.
- Now fry both ingredients carefully and low the heat of gas, when you see onions have become light pink.
- Now insert red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt according to your taste.
- Now insert little amount of water and fry the whole solution.
- Keep stirring the elements until it won’t get changed in form of fine paste.
- Now insert the tomato slices and stir them with the prepared solution.
- Stir carefully so that whole tomatoes get mixed into the solution.
- Now insert water in the solution and gentle amount of sugar.
- Stir the whole mix and leave it for 7 minutes.
- Now after 7 minutes stop heating and remove the chutney from frying pan into a bowl.
- Serve the chutney with desired dish.
Thus you can prepare the chutney in few minutes at your home. Probably you have no more confusion that how to make tomato chutney at home.