The word “SWOT” represents to strength, weakness, opportunities and threats and the SWOT analysis presents the powerful aspect of an organization. It shows which side or policy of an organization is going weak, it shows how many opportunities are in front of any organization. And it also shows the threatening aspects of any organization. This is considered as the business strategy, which offers you the perfect analysis of your business and it also directs you towards the better decision in favor of your organization. Now what is non-profit organization? Don’t think that a non-profit organization is the organization, which works without intending for profit. It simply means that there is no owner of the organization. You have listen about many charity committees and trusts, which get donation from people and work in their particular field for wellness. This type of organizations is called non-profit organizations. So, how do I conduct a SWOT analysis for a non-profit organization? Is it possible to do? Off-course it is possible to do by following ways:
- First consider the strength of your non-profit organization, means where it is booming widely and which policies are working in favor of the non-profit.
- According to me the strength of a non-profit organization may be the specific contributions of the members of the non-profit organization and then the amount it is receiving in form donation from people.
- If the non-profit organizes any event in wellness of its particular service, then it can earn quite good profit in terms of donation from people and it can be considered as the best strength of a non-profit organization.
- What you think, what can be the weakness of a non-profit organization? According to me it can be the fully dependency on the donation. If the organization is fully dependent on the donation, then there may come problems in future when it will not get targeted donation.
- Because of this weakness, the dependant people of non-profit organization may face problems. So there must be any way of having amount into the non-profit.
- As we know today there are thousands of charity groups and trusts are working in every country. They are simply trying to support people for their struggling life, but many of these organizations are facing problems.
- The non-profit organizations are facing problems in terms of threats and these threats are coming from big competition.
Thus you can do the SWOT analysis of a non-profit organization. Probably I think there can’t be any better answer of how do I conduct a SWOT analysis for a non-profit.